Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission!!!

One of my favorite things to do is snuggle the kid that wakes up early and talk with them about how things are going and then kabamo get really deep with them and talk with them about the things that really matter in life so the other morning I was talking with James in just this sort of fashion, and I asked "James are you going on a Mission?" ......long pause so I thought he had gone to sleep, so I asked again "James are you going on a Mission? this time in a whispery voice...And he said "yes"
So I said "well what if it is really hard work?" He answered " well then I will do it because I am an Oliver and we can do hard things." at this point I thought I am so glad I believe in catch phrases and have pounded this into my kids heads!!!! So then I asked " Well what if it is really really hard and you miss your mommy and daddy so much?" and he rolled over to look at me with his huge blue eyes and said, "Then I will be brave mommy."
"Okay," I whispered "so will I"

1 comment:

Laura Woodbury said...

SO cute!! I love that you do that and that you wrote it down so that it will always be imprinted on your heart and mind. What a cute mommy/son moment!!! It brought tears to my eyes. Love You James! And yeah those Olivers are brave hard workers!


Three Amigos