Thursday, June 10, 2010

As Per Popular Request

Okay here it is the DAILY SEVEN:
first of all I can't take all the credit because I got the idea from my sister in law Laura.
The idea goes like this, you post them somewhere that the kids can see them (if your kids can't read draw pics)
These can be modified for individual kids and family needs but here are ours:
1. Read Scriptures
2. Say Prayers
3. Get dressed
4. Brush hair
5. Brush teeth
6. Tidy bed/room
7. 15 min chore (more like 5 min chore 10 min whining) ie. emptying garbage, washing windows, tidying a bathroom.
When you have done your daily 7 you have access to media, tv computer or movies and also friends.
My kids memorized the daily 7 pretty quickly and it is funny to hear them counting down... okay now i only have 2 left. This normally takes my kids anywhere from30 min to 45 depending on how motivated they are. Another cute idea I heard was that Sunday is also Sloppy Bed day. My kids would love this if they actually made their beds well everyday this part of the daily 7 gets glossed over 4 out of 7 days of the week, but now we have a goal for when we get bed making down. HA

1 comment:

bcichsherry@gmail.com said...

What a mom you are. Do you have a daily seven for dad and I when we retire?


Three Amigos